Thursday, May 04, 2006

El Gallito de Jalisco

When I was young, I used to hate hot sauce. Just loathed it. So the thought of huevos rancheros never appealed to me. Why would I want to drown some perfectly good eggs over easy in a sauce that could potentially give me heartburn?

Because they're really good like that...that's why. And for $2.99, you get a big plate with huevos rancheros, potatoes, beans, and 2 tortillas. For $0.75 more, you also get a heaping side of bacon. Value like that is pretty hard to beat.

El Gallito de Jalisco is along Wurzbach at the corner of Datapoint, in a shopping center right across from the Bill Miller's there. Whenever I've gone, I've had the huevos rancheros, but everything that I've seen come out of the kitchen looks good, and the place is usually full of locals. Always a good sign with a Mexican restaurant. Most of the waitresses seem to speak nothing but Spanish, but they're kind to those of us who don't.

1 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

No huevos rancheros for me because I hate eggs. Period.

But I'll take your chorizo...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home